The Parent to Parent Support Programs provide emotional support and information to
families of children with developmental disabilities, delays, and ongoing health care needs.
A Program for Parents
Learning that your child has a disability or chronic health need can be a traumatic experience. Parents have many questions and concerns when coping with their child's need and their own feelings. You are not alone. We have been there.
Parents Helping Parents
Personal support from another parent, who has a child with similar needs, can be helpful in coping with many challenging experiences and feelings. Helping Parent volunteers have completed a training program and are available to provide support and information to other parents. All information will be kept confidential. There is no cost for this service.
Free Services Offered
- Providing Personal Support - You are not alone
- Community Resources
- Matching parents in one-to-one relationships with trained, experienced parents, with similar diagnoses
- Support Meetings
Social & Recreational Events
- Sibshops (sibling support)
- Educational Workshops & Trainings
- Training for parents who want to become Helping Parent peer mentor volunteers
- Lending Library
- Public Awareness & Outreach
We are now on Facebook! Come find and "like" us: Parent to Parent of Whatcom County
The Arc of Whatcom County is the proud sponsoring agency for Parent to Parent of Whatcom County.
For more information on contacting us, visit our Contact Us page.